- #: 235871
- Price: $4.99 In Apple Store
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 2010-07-02
- Current Version: 2.7
- 2.7 (iOS 4.0 Tested)
- Size: 1.30 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jesse Grosjean
- Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.0 or later
- © 2008 Jesse Grosjean
- Add to Favorite apps
For people who want to write on their iPhone. WriteRoom is a distraction free writing environment. Unlike Notes, WriteRoom provides a clean interface and tether free syncing.
★ Full-screen editing.
★ Sync to SimpleText.ws.
★ TextExpander support.
★ Search your documents.
"Offers compelling alternative to Notes"
"Best iPhone Apps" book selection
Inspired by WriteRoom for OS X.
Please visit the website for a free screencast.
No video review.
Write a Review
Rated 2/5 based on 3 customer reviews.
Still no full screen
Scott Stamile write:
I don't get it. Dev updates app to ios4 but didn't fix anything. Still can't enter full screen mode, which is pretty much all this app does.
This app used to be great, one of my faves! But now it's been running really slow, it doesn't sync, and crashes often. I don't know if it's the iPod or just a bad update. I've heard that the creator has abandoned it for other stuff, I sure hope not or I am going to be pissed, and this four star review will be damn generous compared to what I'll be saying about him. Dude, I spent $5 on this thing, I expect my moneys worth.
An excellent app - When it works
Well, I don't know what to say. This is an excellent app in some respects:
- It does offer password lock to access the app, but files are unencrypted
- It does offer Wifi sync, which is great if you do not want your files to go to some unknown companies computer.
- As of iOS4, editing has become glacially slow. Something is really wrong in that the keyboard delay is huge. Not sure what is wrong here.
- Shake to undo crashes the app
- I cannot seem to find the full screen mode.
- All the files are unencrypted on the device. Oh, sure, no one encrypts the files, but I am looking for an app that does. It is trivially easy to bypass the iphone lock and back up the device unencrypted. We need some app that offers file encryption.
The information may be outdated (2011-04-30 20:59:35). For actual information go to iTunes